.NET Reflector Alternatives

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Hi,

I work on a Linux machine and access to Windows machines for development using CrossNet is limited. I'm intending to use CrossNet to develop for embedded devices that use the gcc toolchain and was wondering if you knew of any workarounds to let me use something else instead of .NET Reflector/VS?

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Hi Solidus,

CrossNet is .NET based (written in C#), so my assumption was that anyway the end user would have access to some .NET runtime.

You can try to use Mono to see how it works, I think that .NET reflector has some unmanaged code and I don't know if Mono supports that (hopefully it will). Another possibility is to use a Virtualized Machine (Yeah, I realize that it's not great).

About the generated C++ code, the story is a bit different. Although the runtime and generated code is not compatible with GCC, I recently worked on the runtime so it would compile under GCC. The generated code has not been made compatible yet, but it should be possible (and maybe easier).

I unfortunately can't work on it in the next month or two, but I intend to fix this over time. So if you resolve the .NET reflector issue and you still need support for GCC let me know, I will help you.

Cheers,

Olivier